Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hold it!

There is a girl (we'll call her Beth) who works in another department in our office that my department works with frequently. Beth is nice enough to work with. But Beth has a bad habit.

This morning I rode the elevator up to the 3rd floor with another girl (dang, picking names is hard! Umm... she can be Cindy), Beth took the stairs right before Cindy and I got on the elevator. A wise choice, if you're even a little quick you can beat the elevator every time.

So Cindy and I were chatting as we exited the elevator and walked down the hall to the door to our offices, and Beth was walking about 5 paces in front of us, the first to get to the door. The kind of door you have to use an electronic FOB to open. Cindy detoured through a different door and I followed Beth. Beth opened the door, didn't look back, and walked through, letting the door close behind her JUST as I reached it. There is no way she didn't know I was behind her. I am a loud walker, I jingle my keys, and two seconds before Beth opened the door I had called after Cindy to "have a good day."

Beth is not deaf.

That's the second time she's done that to me! What is so hard about holding the door for a few seconds??

UGH.

-Kitty

No comments: